Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Branded "The Mafia's Banker" by Luca Longobardi


“In a single moment my life changed forever.”
Available in Paperback and eBook




At 21 years of age I left my life in Italy to pursue my dream of becoming a top financier on Wall Street. Twenty years later, I woke one day to find that I was “The Mafia’s Banker.” 

In a single moment my life was changed forever. 

I do not want sympathy. I am not asking for help nor revenge. I just want back what is rightfully mine. My dignity.



Reviews
By Amazon Customer on October 26, 2015
Fascinating story, as he said in the book, "this can happen to anyone", you can feel the passion in the writing, couldn't stop reading it.

By shelley goldstein on October 30, 2015
A really fascinating story, which you feel comes straight from the heart. I'm not sure everyone could have survived what happened to Luca and come back with such positivity.

“In a single moment my life changed forever.”
Available in Paperback and eBook

Biography
Our Bio has everything to do with whom and where we grew up. My life was influenced by Raffaele Longobardi, my grandfather. I still remember being a little kid and listen to all of his stories about America, and that's from whom I've inherited the desire to pursue my American Dream. I'm 45, when I speak I'm sorry for my audience, they need to make an effort to understand me, and when I write I feel sorry for my readers, even after spending 24 years abroad, I still keep all my Italian speech heritage. I'm a Cereal Entrepreneur, Cereal with a C, because every time I have breakfast a new disruptive idea comes up. The cost of being like me? 30 days as Interpol most wanted men and 30 days of maximum security prison, I have spent 20 years of my life between NY Miami Sao Paolo and Porto Alegre and the past 4 between Milan and London, I've spent my life investing for others and for myself, in all kind of business ideas, in internet companies of the bubble era as well as the modern one, in food startups and more, I've met lots of founders and entrepreneurs, disappointed by some, surprised by others, from all, lots of learning.

At 21 left my country, with a bag full of dream and hope and 500 USD in my pocket. I've slept in some of the best hostels in NY as well as some of the cleanest train stations, after washing dishes, peeling potatoes and serving tables. At 23 I landed my 1st job in Wall Street, in one of those Stratton Oakmont satellite companies. And left shortly after, to call my shots in an honest and institutional organization, with one of the oldest Investment Bank in the world and later I went on to build my own Investment banking business.

At 29 I've met and married my now ex-wife Maria Joana Parizotto a former Miss Brazil. With whom I have had a marriage of 14 years and the biggest gift of my life, daddy's girl, Julia and Raffaella, my daughters.

“In a single moment my life changed forever.”
Available in Paperback and eBook

Connect with Longobardi…

No comments:

This Week @ Monday Creek: History and Cosmos

  The Ides of March came and went without much ado. Falling on the 15 th of March, it was a significant date in ancient Rome. It gained not...