Monday, February 7, 2022

Milliron Monday: Creating Critters

Bookmark Original Art (c) Kelly Lincoln
 

Abbott "Pete" Smith D.V.M.
June 16, 1938 - February 22, 2010
Welcome to Milliron Monday where every Monday we celebrate the legacy of Pete Smith, D.V.M., and  Milliron: Abbott “Pete” Smith, D.V.M. The Biography (Monday Creek Publishing 2017), including his wife Jody (1938-2021). 

"I can draw anything." 
Kelly Lincoln, Fine Artist
 
When I first met Kelly Lincoln, I thought I had met the coolest person ever. You know, the type of person who oozes charisma and creativity. I remember we were at my barn office and I was on a deadline to finish Tails of a Country Vet. The title was all about animal tales/tails - a play on words. After all, Pete was a veterinarian and had seen many (many) tails (and tales) in his lifetime. 

We were sitting at the table and I told Kelly that all I needed was something extra for the chapter headings - something fun and whimsical. Without hesitation, Kelly pulled her sketchpad from her satchel and began drawing animals. "Like this?" she asked. I was blown away! Perfect! 

Within a small amount of time, Kelly had created a critter for every chapter in the book. "I can draw anything," she smiled.

If you have a copy of Tails of a Country Vet, you can see Kelly's artwork. It was Kelly's idea to create a companion bookmark. If you would like a copy of this endearing book and/or bookmark, drop me an email mondaycreekpublishing@gmail.com. If you have a copy, please write a review on Amazon! The Milliron Trilogy is also available at Little Professor Book Center, Court Street, Athens, Ohio.

Tails of a Country Vet II is on my desk and almost complete. If you have a tale to share, the deadline to email your story is February 28, 2022. 
 
Have a great week ahead.


Through captivating, powerful, and emotional anecdotes, we celebrate the life of Dr. Abbott P. Smith. His biography takes the reader from smiles to laughter to empathy and tears. Dr. Smith gave us compelling lessons learned from animals; the role animals play in the human condition, the joy of loving an animal, and the awe of their spirituality. A tender and profound look into the life of a skilled veterinarian.

 

 

No comments:

This Week @ Monday Creek: History and Cosmos

  The Ides of March came and went without much ado. Falling on the 15 th of March, it was a significant date in ancient Rome. It gained not...