Thursday, February 10, 2022

An Interview with Ohio Author James Thompson


 
An Interview with Ohio Author James Thompson
with Gina McKnight
 
From Southeastern Ohio, James Thompson is a retired law enforcement officer and a combat veteran of the Vietnam war. He wanted to write books since he first listened at his mother’s knee to her stories of aging outlaws, ranch hands, lawmen, and circuit riding preachers, that she encountered during her time of wandering with her family through the Dust Bowl and the Depression years.

Thompson has traveled extensively throughout the western United States and has lived in Texas and Oklahoma. He is an amateur student of history and enjoys visiting museums and historic places in the West to do research. Now that he is retired, he has more time to read and write. Thompson’s hobbies include flintknapping, placer gold mining, and reading books of quality western fiction.
 
Welcome, James!
 
GM: What is the premise for your new novel Logan MacArthur?
JT: Logan MacArthur follows six main characters lives from pre-civil war Texas through the civil war years. It is fiction woven with historical fact. In the tradition of a saga, it is a tail of turmoil and trouble with a dash of romance and a mix of war's turmoil.
 
GM: How do you develop characters and scenarios?
JT: I think of myself as a storyteller. I introduce a character and allow them to act and speak on their own.
 
GM: Who is your favorite character?
JT: I have two favorite characters in the story. Logan MacArthur and Sarah Tyler. Both overcome adversities to forge their own futures.
 
GM: How do you maintain thoughts and ideas?
JT: I put myself inside my characters heads and speak and think and act as they would.
 
GM: What are you currently writing?
JT: I have written a short story of a mountain man. I am working on book two of the Logan MacArthur series.
 
GM: What are you currently reading?
JT: I am reading novels by David Joy.
 
GM: List 10 things that you like to do besides writing...
JT: Feed my wildlife, read quality fiction, research for my writing, pan for gold, flint knap. take walks in my woods, visit museums. visit with my friends, watch quality movies, and follow my friends on Facebook. 

Connect with Thompson:
Amazon: Logan MacArthur
Email: whitetalker1@gmail.com


No comments:

Milliron Monday

  Taking a break this week. Enjoy previous Milliron Monday's Here . Visit the Milliron Facebook Gallery Here. Visit my website @ www.gmc...