Friday, February 18, 2022

Biennale of Nations 2022: I Want to Paint - An Interview with Giulio, Isabella Malika Diamante, and Emma!


I Want to Paint: An Interview with Giulio, Isabella Malika Diamante, and Emma!

Congratulations on your success!

These three children are the youngest 
participants admitted to the 

Biennale of Nations 2022
 


      Isabella Malika Diamante

GM: What is it like being one of the youngest participants selected for Biennale of Nations 2022?
IMD: Well, it is the result of such constancy. I don't think I was selected because I am the best young artist, but because at my age (I am 9 years old) few children think of participating in international art exhibitions and do whatever it takes to get to the end.

GM: Tell us about Biennale of Nations 2022:
IMD: The 2022 Biennial of Nations is an art exhibition that allows admitted artists to present their works in Paris, London, Barcelona and Venice and to publish their images in catalogs intended for gallery owners and museum directors.
 
GM: What is your favorite art medium?
IDM: Some of my paintings are material, made with recycled materials such as old clothes, gauze or wooden sticks. The materials are then painted with acrylic or oil colors. I have not used materials for my other canvases, but only colors applied with different techniques.

GM: Who is your favorite artist?
IDM: I started painting when I was very young and I could only let the color drip onto the canvas. I was still using washable colors, which are quite liquid. My first canvas was therefore somewhat reminiscent of Jackson Pollock's dripping, so he was the first artist whose works they introduced me to (https://youtu.be/gWifxTIdlyE). Then I discovered Banksy and l visited exhibitions about Vincent van Gogh, Salvador Dalì, the Pre-Raphaelites and female artists like Tamara de Lempicka and they were all really a great emotion.
 
GM: Do you have a muse or other inspiration that propels your artistic success?
IDM: I like creativity as a means of expressing myself. It is more natural for me to write or paint than to speak. I don't have a muse because "I live in my world". I have all my projects in mind, not just artistic ones. I am a child and I want to have many beautiful experiences. The 2022 Biennial of Nations is one of them.

Isabella's Artwork

Isabella's Artwork

Giulio 

GM: What is it like being one of the youngest participants selected for Biennale of Nations 2022?
Giulio: It means being a "special" person who follow his dreams to make his projects come true.

GM: What is your favorite art medium?
Giulio: I let myself be inspired by my intuition and what I see every day. I prefer drawing on paper, in black and white, with pencil. Black and white for me represent all colors.

GM: Who is your favorite artist?
Giulio: I don't have a favorite painter. Canaletto amazes me for his concrete realistic representation.

GM: Do you have a muse or other inspiration that propels your artistic success?
Giulio: Since I was a child I drew with my great-uncle, an architect who is very artful and, having traveled all over Europe, he passed on this passion to me. Now that I'm older and 9, I also enjoy watching video tutorials by contemporary American painters.

Giulio's Artwork

      Emma

GM: What is it like being one of the youngest participants selected for Biennale of Nations 2022?
Emma: I am very excited and happy, but also a little worried that my works may not like it or that people do not understand what I wanted to express with my drawing. I don't really like showing my other works because they reflect a bit me and I am a shy child who is often afraid of the judgment of others.

GM: What is your favorite art medium?
Emma: I generally draw any white surface with a pencil, even the desk and school books. I like to use tempera and watercolors on canvases, using my hands or various objects of nature or objects that I have at my disposal in addition to brushes. For example, for the picture with the flower I used cotton buds and a real flower.

GM: Who is your favorite artist?
Emma: At the moment my favorite artist is Joan Miro, because her paintings are very colorful and creative full of details and with simple lines, I really like the eyes present in her paintings. I tried to reproduce his works and the house that I like best and that can be enriched with details invented by me... I like to include cats.

GM: Do you have a muse or other inspiration that propels your artistic success?
Emma: I don't have an inspirational muse I like to draw because it relaxes me, sometimes I find myself drawing without even realizing it, other times drawing and coloring for me means isolating myself from everything, not hearing the noises that surround me and entering my world (my parents call it Emma's fantastic world).

I realized that my drawings are also influenced by my mood, for example if I am a little sad I like to draw colorful and cheerful things (like rainbows and flowers) while if I am calm I like to draw human or animal silhouettes and faces.

Emma's Artwork



No comments:

Milliron Monday

  Taking a break this week. Enjoy previous Milliron Monday's Here . Visit the Milliron Facebook Gallery Here. Visit my website @ www.gmc...