Friday, November 11, 2022

Cameron M. Vance, Author

 

An Interview with Author Cameron M. Vance

From Ohio USA, Cameron M. Vance is a children’s literature author. Her new book Up, Up and Beyond is for children in Preschool through 5th Grade.

From the back of the book: This wonderful book teaches one to believe in themselves and to overcome bullying. It is about a caterpillar being told that he cannot achieve his goal of flying. In the end the caterpillar overcomes his challenges and goes beyond.

Welcome, Cameron!

GM: What's the premise for your new book?

CV: Life lessons of being kind, never giving up, not letting others tell you who you are and succeeding at your goals.

GM:  Tell us about your main character?

CV: My main character is a caterpillar who gets bullied.

GM: How do you maintain thoughts and ideas?

CV: I make a tiny book from one piece of paper. I then put the words and sketch out the images I see in my mind. I later put it all together, edit and such.

GM: Describe your writing workspace and writing process...

CV: Wherever I am, whenever the force draws me to write. I don’t ever really know or how. 


GM: How do current events and your environment play a role in storyline scenarios and final drafts?
CV: I am a school bus driver, so I hang out with kids all day. I also enjoy nature.

GM: Who is your favorite author?

CV: Walt Whitman, his words are deep and usually relate to nature.

GM: Do you have advice for novice writers?

CV: You mean me? Haha. I would have to say that you can do it. I have many reading challenges myself. I struggle with reading, writing and even spelling. I did it, so I bet you can, too.

GM: List 10 things that your fans may not know about you?

CV:
  • I love traveling.
  • Experiencing new things.
  • Meditating.
  • I am a loner.
  • I push myself to talk to people. 
  • Talking to people is uncomfortable for me.
  • I don’t really know what to say most of the time.
  • I am a RV-lifer because I want to be
  • I don’t regard myself as an Author. It’s just something people started calling me.
  • In High school we had career day. I almost got an F that day. I didn’t know what I wanted to do other than help people. My teacher, Mr. M, eventually told me just write about something, anything and I did. I hated school because I have learning troubles. That was the first project I ever did. If not for him, I probably would not have graduated. Now I help people everywhere through writing. ­­

Connect with Cameron…


No comments:

National Poetry Month: "Floorboards" A Poem by Mark M. Dean

Floorboards 4/14/2024 by © Mark M. Dean I’ve always prided myself on my exit plan My daily routine Sliding out of bed with the utmos...