Sunday, February 18, 2024

This Week @ Monday Creek: Time for a pedi...


Time for a pedi…

February greetings! It has been a good week – planning the spring garden, managing horse hair as Zubie sheds her winter coat (it can be overwhelming at times and is a sure sign of spring), working on new titles at Monday Creek Publishing, including Achim’s Pocket by Todd Linder, and Bandit Lost in the West by J.A. Hall. Both titles are for middle grade readers and will be released this spring. Besides that, I'm writing a fiction novel based on The Truants, a 1960s garage band from Jackson, Ohio. Still in its early phases, the first draft is almost complete, but somewhat still in my head.

My fun time this week was going for a spa treatment. I would like you to meet Mandalyn, my manicurist. She’s amazing! Last week was my first gel-pedicure. It was an hour of pampering in an ergonomic, vibrating chair while my feet soaked in a whirlpool of lavender water. The pleasant aesthetics of Mandalyn’s spa room was the perfect Valentine’s Day experience. I highly recommend Mandalyn (and gel polish for every cowgirl – it doesn’t come off, even at the barn). Mandalyn loves horses and is an artist. We talked about horses and her creative nail designs. Follow Mandalyn on Facebook.

There is not much happening in the event arena for us in March, just working on new titles and planning four Hocking Hills Book Fairs in 2024! Follow our Facebook page for book fair announcements. However, we are looking forward to April events! We have tickets to the Jackson Pro Rodeo and Equine Affaire Fantasia! Tickets for these two events are almost gone, so get your tickets now! The Apple City Book Fair hosted by the Jackson City Library is Saturday, April 6th, 10 am – 2 pm. I hope to see you there! We will have several Monday Creek Publishing authors signing books and I will be giving away free Creative Packs as well as other ways to encourage writing, reading, journaling, and creativity. In the meantime, I will clean my saddle, keep writing, and dream of spring.

 Planning for spring @ Monday Creek

No comments:

Milliron Monday: The Recordings 1

Abbott "Pete" Smith D.V.M.:   June 16, 1938 - February 22, 2010 Virginia Joyann "Jody" Haley Smith: April 2, 1938 - May ...