Tuesday, February 20, 2024

An Interview with Ohio Author Tim Bookman

 

An Interview with Ohio Author Tim Bookman

From SE Ohio USA, Tim Bookman is the author of Homegrown, a suspense thriller about “a young man who, through bad circumstance after bad circumstance, is driven to turn on society. Through his high intellect, he develops a plan that could possibly bring the nation to its knees.”

I recently caught with Tim and asked about his new book and much more.

Welcome, Tim!

GM: What is the premise for your new book Homegrown?

TB: I originally tried to develop the idea of how soft and fragile we are in the USA. Through Covid, I have seen how divided our country becomes when anything affects the general population personally. We get angry when attacked, but feed up when we are affected personally. So, I gathered facts about our infrastructure and modeled an unfortunate character in the mold of Ted Kaczynski (Unabomber), then coupled the character with a knowledge of our infrastructure and the backing of an extremist group. The premise imagines the effects of their actions and the response of the American population. I use real-life personalities that are put into situations that cause people’s demeanor to change, and through that change how their behavior impacts the people they interact with.

GM: What would you like readers to take away from your book?
TB: My book Is intended to move America awake of the need to better protect our infrastructure, and the access to information that makes locating it possible. Also, it is meant to raise awareness of our reliance upon our infrastructure and the need to have alternatives to compensate it’s interruptions.

GM: Who is your favorite author?
TB: Clive Cussler is my favorite author. The way he uses existing technology to interact with his stories, then uses that technology to help solve his storyline is brilliant.

GM: What are you currently writing?
TB: I’m writing a short non-fiction on my belief in forest farming. Taking small tracks of forested properties then, without destroying the wooded property, transforming it into a property that pays for itself; self-sustaining forest farming.

GM: What are you currently reading?
TB: I am reading articles and literature on the Hopewell Indian tribe. I am trying to understand the various formations they built throughout the mid-west.

GM: List 5 things your fans may not know about you…
TB: 1) I didn’t go to college. I started in construction straight out of high school and have been in the industry for 45 years.
2) My wife and I (of 42 years) have lived in Hocking County Ohio our entire life. We raised three children and have eight grandchildren – all reside in Hocking County.
3) I have raised my family to love the outdoors – hunting, fishing, and hiking. We are excellent morel mushroom hunters and can identify most species of plants and trees found in Appalachian forests.
4) I love to build. I have been part of building structures all over northeastern USA, all different styles, including historical, new builds, factories, churches, and office complexes. I even built the house I live in.

Connect with Tim:
Homegrown on Amazon




No comments:

Milliron Monday: The Recordings 1

Abbott "Pete" Smith D.V.M.:   June 16, 1938 - February 22, 2010 Virginia Joyann "Jody" Haley Smith: April 2, 1938 - May ...