Sunday, March 27, 2022

Mother of the Bride Shopping Online and How Can the Hardware Store Help the Florist? by Sandra Russell



I am going to be the mother of a bride! My daughter is marrying a nice guy, working in the entertainment industry (film technician) in California on a Saturday sometime this summer. Probably in July? The wedding plans are not well formed yet due to Covid restrictions lifting in unusual and unplannable ways. Soon though some of these doubts as to venue, day or evening service? indoor or outdoor? and so on will be resolved. 

Meanwhile, I found a dress online that looked pretty darned versatile given these unknowns. This dress is a little dressy/elegant, but could go to the beach, a church or a mansion/museum setting. My daughter agreed, and ordered the dress for me which came in the mail today. The size is right, the fit is good, but the color called "rose/gold" photographed in the Ad as a sort of rosy/peach. It is really a bit coffee au lait, but in the light can flash a bit of rose or a bit of gold. 

Rather than describing the shade it is, I got some paint chips at the hardware store and held the lace up to the charts. I am hoping that with any monitor, the range of complimentary tones might be easy to read. No one is going to wear matching clothes (that I know of?) but thought I would mail out copies of the paint chips so that others would at least know what I will be wearing. Maybe florals or other accents can pick from the color charts to harmonize a bit? I'm excited to see how it all turns out. Maybe some of you wedding planners could find this color tip useful?



No comments:

Milliron Monday

  Taking a break this week. Enjoy previous Milliron Monday's Here . Visit the Milliron Facebook Gallery Here. Visit my website @ www.gmc...