Tuesday, March 8, 2022

March Came in Like a Lamb: Art & Story by Sandra Russell

March Came in Like a Lamb
Art & Story by Sandra Russell

Well Happy New Year! Most of us acknowledge the New Year on January first, but emotionally and physically the year doesn't feel "new" until we get some sunshine, some new buds popping up on the tree branches, new grass, green impossibly green grass edging through the decay of muddy leaves held down by ice last month. A crocus showed up growing from under a lawn chair the other day and it was a thrill to see it. Scents...yeah, smells are fresher, newer, they sweep over us like a bath, a baptism of new hope. I couldn't help but dig out the old sketchbook and turn to a page from some yesterday's springtime sketches.

My next-door neighbor has the most beautiful beds of various lilies in bricked planter boxes by her porch. On the steps and in the corners are pots, jars, jugs, and planters of ivy and tulips, more succulents and florals. I think I will join her efforts attentive to herbaceous decoration for my own front garden this year. It brings so much joy to those who pass by, I want to encourage good will, and remind folks that where there is life; there is hope.





 

No comments:

Milliron Monday

  Taking a break this week. Enjoy previous Milliron Monday's Here . Visit the Milliron Facebook Gallery Here. Visit my website @ www.gmc...