Sunday, March 20, 2022

I'm dreaming of a white 'daylight savings time' by Sandra Russell


Well tonight marks a 'spring forward' where at midnight we lose an hour…suddenly it's 1am. Feels a bit like Cinderella running down the steps and losing a shoe. But the surprise of it all is the amount of snow we got to usher in the Spring. Some friends in the area report measuring up to 81/2 inches at their bird feeders. I went out with a yardstick in my backyard about 20miles north of that person's home and measured 61/2 on my jardinière but only 41/2 on the picnic tabletop. Perhaps the sunshine has caused the snow to 'settle' a bit there? Anyhow, I got the notion that if you have to ask, 'what season is it?'

You are probably in Athens County Ohio. Ironically, I just got a new short 'Spring/Summer' haircut yesterday when some folks were out and about in shirtsleeves and light jackets. Hopefully this temper tantrum from Mother Nature now will cause a relaxed sunny disposition by the end of the month. Meanwhile, keep those bird feeders filled and hold back on garden plantings a bit longer. But we are saving sunshine, right? Have a happy longer daylight!






 

No comments:

Milliron Monday

A final week of vacation, I will return next Monday! Thanks for following! Have a copy of Dr. Smith's biography ? Please write a review!...