Thursday, January 27, 2022

This Week @ Monday Creek: January

Original Art by Iva Dukic @ zmamorije_art
 


How is 2022 so far? All is well here. If you read last Monday’s Milliron Monday, you know what I’ve been up to. Other than my husband’s appendicitis, not much is new. Ohio is cold in January; however, the weather can be as fickle as my mare, Zubie.  

January means accounting - business accounting, personal accounting. Having a professional CPA helps to ease the accounting misery (well, it’s really not misery). My CPA doesn’t mind if I ask goofy questions or if I don’t understand certain business scenarios. Owning a small business takes perseverance and intentional self-awareness. Is this what I really want to do? A good question to ask. Knowing the successful impact we have upon our business partners and clients, the answer is always “yes”.  

January also means taking care of animals in freezing weather. The key is to work smart, not hard; to have everything ready beforehand, which means preparing in summer for the worst of winters - hay, grain, water, shelter, etc. I love winter. Zubie has a nice winter coat and she loves playing in the snow. The ducks - Gigantor, Snickers, and Puddles - do well as long as they keep swimming. 

January leaves extra time indoors for reading. Sitting by the living room window where the sun reflects off the snow is the perfect place to read. I have been reading Fast This Way: Burn Fat, Heal Inflammation, and Eat Like the High-Performing Human You Were Meant to Be by David Asprey. I've been listening to Asprey's podcasts, too. Asprey's signature Bullet Proof Coffee elixir is amazing! Asprey stresses the importance of taking Vitamin D supplement for immunity. There is so much to learn and I am knee-deep in the process. I will keep you updated.

Valentine’s Day is coming soon! Recommended reading is N.R. Hart’s collection of poetry books. Love Poems to No One, Beauty and Her Beast, and Last of the Romantics, are available in hardcover. Hart is an Amazon Best Selling Author with fans around the world. Her poetry is so popular, fans tattoo her poetry. I’ve known Hart for over twelve years. She is a true romantic who writes from her soul. If you have a copy of one of her books or are new to her work, please share your thoughts with us! Write a review on Barnes & Noble, Amazon, or send us an editorial review here! Follow Hart on Instagram for new poetry.




No comments:

National Poetry Month: "Floorboards" A Poem by Mark M. Dean

Floorboards 4/14/2024 by © Mark M. Dean I’ve always prided myself on my exit plan My daily routine Sliding out of bed with the utmos...