Saturday, August 18, 2018

Follow World Poet Briella!



Follow World Poet Briella!


Follow Briella on Insta! Here is a sampling of her poetry...

I am a mosaic of memory embodying this intricate entity.
A girlfriend, a daughter, a friend and a frenemy, just trying to juggle these gifts that were sent to me.
Art and authenticity, chaos and simplicity,
A rebel by nature,
A runner,
A chaser, an inked-up eraser,
A lover,
A hater.
Messy and clean, a mystical machine, the truth and some fantasy, posh and obscene, nice but sometimes a little too mean.
A walking contradiction wrapped at the seams of both fact and fiction, calming and friction, lazy yet still proactive about my mission.
I am both wild and holy.
Salt and honey, taking things fast yet craving things slowly.
An anomaly.
Sweet and shocking, very vanilla with fun little toppings. Conservative yet so so liberal.
Loyal to a fault yet so so civil.
Large and little, mostly spiritual but sometimes just a little too superficial.
A fusion of earth and space, a muse for rebellion and grace.
A seeker of truth, obsessed with my wisdom yet basking in my youth, breaking the ceiling and proving my proof, chasing my healing yet seeming aloof.
I am both lost and found, heavy but light, a silenced sound, chill and uptight.
I love and I love and I love then I fight, surviving in the dark but thriving in the light.


I know my baby
is waiting for me,
below this chaos and conspiracy.
He waits for me, patiently,
his heart stays closed,
no vacancy
because he belongs to me.
My last one left me
bent and battered
but he opened me up
to what really matters,
a true love, above the flatter,
a genuine soul,
who handles my scatter
and all my
unnecessary
mental chatter.
He'll hold me till
I fall asleep
and disregard the dark I seek
and laugh when I tell him
that I am weak
because all he'll see
is his queen of mystique.
He'll kiss my scars
one by one,
internally and externally,
until he's all done,
like it’s an amusement park.
Exploring me, entirely,
so fiery and with every touch
I'll feel his spark.
A soul satisfaction,
he'll makes his mark.
He's a gentle man,
with perhaps
a rough
exterior,
a confident man,
he never feels inferior.
He'll say, "How can I make this any clearer? You are everything and nothing that you see in the mirror."
He'll love me for me
and the words that I write
and happily he'll put up a fight
and keep me on my toes
just right.
He's affectionate
and attentive
to my needs he'll wash away
my fear of his leave
cause never could he ever
fathom
leaving his queen,
the prettiest little thing
he has ever seen.
And every time we go out,
me and my king,
we make memories.
And it feels like
I've known him
for centuries.
Perhaps, he's tall
dark
and handsome,
a kidnapping,
no ransom,
charming
but always faithful.
He takes life by the handful.
He's light like a candle
keeping us on track,
gently running his fingers
up and down my back
as we lay
and we play
and we snack,
he says baby?
Tell me,
do you love me back?



Blowing free in the breeze, amongst millions of scattered nothing's, I was something.
Deeply intricate, with rebellious petals and an artistic soul. Fighting against conventionality, I blew to wherever corner my wind took me.
Seeds of passion scattered into stumbled ideas forming pretty little groups of extremities.
I basked in the sunlight, smiled in the rain, and knew who I was from the very beginning, a wildflower.
And whenever I found myself trapped in a garden of nothing...
I would remind myself that I?
I was something. 


Follow World Poet Briella!




No comments:

National Poetry Month: "Floorboards" A Poem by Mark M. Dean

Floorboards 4/14/2024 by © Mark M. Dean I’ve always prided myself on my exit plan My daily routine Sliding out of bed with the utmos...