Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Peter Hindley, Author

Curious of the title, Blueprint for the Perfect Crime, released in May 2013, and by the intriguing answers in this interview, I know I will add this novel to my reading list.

From Carcassonne, France, welcome author Peter Hindley

Peter says, I read a piece on facebook about the titles people are given or use, it amused me because now I am retired and have a new life in France; when I moved here I had planned to close the gates (they are seldom closed) and spend most of my time writing, it was to be a quiet and tranquil life but the gods had other plans for me. Now I have gained many new friends in various parts of this country and beyond, and they occupy much of my time. It was never my intention to get involved with the world of Ballroom and Latin American dancing but by an accident of fate I now coach a couple for competitions and demonstrations and occasionally act as a competition judge. So, here, amongst the various titles I may be given, I am known as a dance teacher, an international dance judge, retired interior designer (I was also qualified and worked in the field of interiors) even as I was hailed when passing through the village last week ‘the Englishman.’ Personally I prefer to be thought of as Peter; that is enough for me; those other titles mean nothing. My niece and co-author, Susan, lives in England and is an English teacher in the Medway towns and spends much of her time working on this and new writings.

What is the premise for The Perfect Crime?

I started accurately recording events surrounding the death of my brother, Alan, in 2002 realizing that things were not as they should have been, even then I had a very strong feeling that what was happening was an important story: I had no idea what was to follow or where it would take us. Here I use ‘us’ as Susan, daughter of Alan, was to join me on that journey and help with the writing of the book. Our book is available worldwide and tells how easily anybody can abuse the legal system and be aided by those in a position of authority. We feel it is an important story for all adults as they could fall prey to similar.

Is your book based upon your own personal experiences?

Certainly this is personal experience, but we have discovered that what happened to us is not an isolated case, it is happening to people in the UK daily: But although our story is based in England readers should be aware that similar things happens worldwide, various people have given us their stories from different parts of the globe. Everything within the pages is true and accurate; every effort was made to keep to the facts, no matter how bizarre they may have been. The story is told as if it is fiction and many people have subsequently asked us whether it is true or just a fantasy, hence the full title of the book came about: ‘The Perfect Crime: a story of truth or fantasy’, but I am sure that the readers will realize at some point which category this books belongs to.

Who would enjoy reading The Perfect Crime?

Everybody can gain something; we have had reactions from readers in all walks of life in many countries. The story is complex and the feedback, we have received, has highlighted to us aspects within the pages that we never anticipated, and we anticipated many. Certainly the subjects are serious but we deliberately include humor to make the reader’s journey more interesting; we also invite the reader to come to their own conclusions as they become involved.

Describe the main character….

The main character may be Wendy, the widow of my late brother, as she may have been the person who was the prime mover, but we tend to let the actions, or inactions, of all those involved speak for themselves, therefore expose their character, we tend not to color or judge them. This story may highlight an extreme case of avarice, injustice and mal administration but it is not unique. We just expose facets of human nature and some flaws in the western world culture today.

Where does the story take place?

The story starts in Paignton, Devon; a pleasant seaside town in the south west of England. Tourism is probably the main industry; it has an adequate supply of hotels and other accommodation for people wanting a holiday by the sea and within easy distance from gently rolling countryside and the moors. A picture of Alain’s house where much of the action takes place would not be out of place on the front of a box of chocolates, or be presented as a jigsaw puzzle, as it had a beamed mock Tudor façade and stood within its own grounds with a small stream cutting through the front lawn. As I mentioned earlier this is a journey and we record what happened in the surrounding area and elsewhere, including central London and the halls of Government.

How did you collect data and research for your manuscript?

Collecting data for the manuscript took many years and there was no one technique involved: Yes, we have letters, hundreds of them, both personal and formal. We also used the internet in our research, but we also found that some people supplied unsolicited important information and we thank them for that, especially those who we were unable to thank as they did it anonymously.

What are you currently writing?

There are two projects at the moment: One is a sequel which takes this and other stories further and the other is a work of fiction involving a retired spy.

Who is your favorite fictional character?

My reading, where time permits, is very eclectic so I do not have a favorite fictional character or author.

Describe the perfect crime....

The Perfect Crime for me is one where the instigator does not get caught and certainly is not penalized by the legal system. I used to be naive enough to think that this was impossible but sadly that is not the case.

As far as this story is concerned I have no feelings of malice in any form towards those directly involved or those who have knowingly helped them, locally or in the seats of the establishment, but if any did pay the price, no matter how, for their actions then I would feel no pity for them either.


Follow Peter….

3 comments:

useful link said...

Reading and writing is so good for students. Cauz they will know when they read nad write more. this is the key to get knowledge. this is so good post. thanks for this.

explore more said...

What a post by the writer this is the best I think. I hope you all will enjoy this post very much thabks for this awesome post.

Anonymous said...

Good info about the riding and writing. Web-based preparing is government supported guidance system. We know the fundamental of individual information and click site need for state-subsidized guidance condition. Get our help for creating.

Milliron Monday

  Taking a break this week. Enjoy previous Milliron Monday's Here . Visit the Milliron Facebook Gallery Here. Visit my website @ www.gmc...