Thursday, September 26, 2013

Karen Magill, Author


Welcome from Vancouver, British Columbia, award-winning paranormal novelist Karen Magill!


What does paranormal mean to you?  

Paranormal, to me, just means things that people don’t always accept as normal. I write on things like out of body experiences, (see The Bond, A Paranormal Love Story), ESP and visions, events that are just a little beyond what most of society accepts as normal. I don’t write on vampires or werewolves or such. At least not yet.

What paranormal activities have you witnessed?   

I can’t say I have witnessed paranormal activities. I have heard of them and believe in them.

Of all the genres, why write paranormal?  

I like to say that I am on a mission to make the paranormal, normal. I believe that psychic visions and ESP are possible for everyone if we could just open our minds.

Have you encountered or written any paranormal activity that includes/involves horses?  

I don’t think I have had a paranormal experience with horses. In August of 1984, I was horseback riding and the horse had a heart attack and fell on me, cracking my skull in the process. If I had any psychic events or out of body experiences at that time, I don’t remember.

Where do you like to write?

I have a desktop computer and I like to put in a CD, put on the headphones then sit here, in my living room, and just write. Once that music is on, I can get more accomplished and the time just flies by.

Do you write as you are investigating?

I don’t investigate paranormal activity. I read about it and the rest is from my imagination.

When combining historical facts with fiction, do you have to have permissions from the historical person/families?  

Usually I don’t use the names of the families involved in history though in Missing Flowers, I did use the name of a madam here in Vancouver in the late 1800s because she had the same name as my great-grandmother.

In my upcoming paranormal mystery, A Little Poison, I do mention a woman who was murdered in Stanley Park in the seventies. I didn’t get permission but I did quote where I got the information on her murder from.

What books have you written?

The Bond, A Paranormal Love Story
Let Us Play, A Rock ‘n Roll Love Story, known as Mystique Rising in Kindle
Missing Flowers
A Little Poison, to be released soon I hope.

What are you currently writing?

I am working on something different. I am writing a non fiction, motivational book about my journey with MS. I hope to self publish it next spring and its title is On The Right Side; My Story of Survival and Success.

List 10 things that people may not know about you....

This is difficult. Give me a moment to think.

I like classical music. Everyone knows me as a rocker chic but sometimes I just like to mellow out to some Bach.

I can get quite obsessive, especially with things I like. I have been told that I have stalker like tendencies though my psychiatrist told me that I am just eccentric.

I prefer to be alone then with other people. I joke that I don’t play well with others.

I have a short attention span.

I am not patient. Actually, that one will be no surprise to anyone who knows me!

I can be self-centered.

I can be too focused, to the exclusion of everything else around me.

I like to live in a dream world of my own making. Reality is highly overrated.

I like to make people laugh.

I get discouraged and down sometimes. But most people don’t know that because it doesn’t last long.

Connect with Karen…

Read MasterKoda's Best Book 2012 Indie Published - The Bond, A Paranormal Love Story in eBook http://goo.gl/EtzSs or paperbackhttp://goo.gl/6lDxf

Over 10,000 copies of Missing Flowers, was downloaded in 4 days! Get your copy now. http://goo.gl/pSx1p. Now available in print.http://goo.gl/OwBwt

Have you got your copy of the Amazon Kindle Bestseller, Mystique Rising (formerly Let Us Play, A Rock 'n Roll Love Story) http://amzn.to/Jr4GoZ?


In paperback it is known as Let Us Play, A Rock 'n Roll Love Story http://goo.gl/mqHSq

4 comments:

Brenda Perlin said...

Great interview!!!!! I love your answers Karen. And yes, you are really funny...even when you are no trying!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great blog post, It is quick to pass on training through the web. In any case, a few mistakes moved toward becoming motivation to diminish the speed go to website. We compose your instructive composition as well as make a point to convey it in time.

Anonymous said...

Amazing blog post, This brand is so much exceptional and I esteem the brand of the NBA. Your entire data is so enrapturing and this https://www.rewritingservices.org/why-our-best-article-rewriter/ I require to such an extent. Along these lines, you did the dumbfounding activity.

Anonymous said...

Good site, Getting ready experiences on an extremely essential dimension what the report depicts as the opening in the midst of its substance and www.sentencestructure.org/the-most-useful-guide-to-fragment-sentence-check site of its acolytes in the midst of the methodology of positive conditions that it addresses.

Milliron Monday

  Taking a break this week. Enjoy previous Milliron Monday's Here . Visit the Milliron Facebook Gallery Here. Visit my website @ www.gmc...