Thursday, August 8, 2024

Children's Author J.A. Hall, Little Meadow Farm

 
From Ohio USA children’s literature author J.A. Hall announces her new book Bandit: Lost in the West, an engaging tale for young readers. In this new adventure, Bandit encounters many obstacles, but finds unexpected friendship and the courage to face his challenges. I caught up with J.A. and asked about her new book, writing, reading, and much more.
 
Welcome, J.A.!
 
GM: What is the premise for your new book?
JA: My new book, Bandit Lost in the West is about a dog that finds himself lost, alone and far, far away from his home. Determined to finds his way home, Bandit sets out on a long and arduous journey from Wyoming to Ohio. As Bandit makes this trek across the United States, he meets a plethora of animals that offer him their help, encouragement, and friendship.
 
GM: What would you like readers to take away from your book?
JA: What I hope readers take away from my book is that life is a journey. Had Bandit not fallen asleep in the truck, ending up in Wyoming, he would never have met his best friend, Claire. We might not always know why certain things happen in our lives, but stay the course and with hope, kindness, and friendship we can all make it home safe. 
 
GM: Will you be taking Bandit on future adventures? What can we expect?
JA: Bandit is very adventurous so you might see him get himself in another situation somewhere down the road. 
 
GM: Besides writing, what do you like to do for fun?
JA: I love taking care of the animals on our farm. They give me so much enjoyment and they make my heart smile. When I am not taking care of the animals I like to watch old movies. 
 
GM: As an award-winning author, what is your best advice for novice writers?
JA: I would recommend they find their niche or audience they want to write for. For instance, I like to write children's books, but I would have no idea how to write a romance novel. Once you find your niche, I recommend reading other authors' works in that genre. In addition, they should attend writing workshops whenever they are available. 
 
GM: Who is your favorite author?
JA: I love James Herriot. I love his stories about the animals and people he meets as a veterinary surgeon in Britian.
 
GM: What are you currently reading?
JA: I am currently reading Nimrod: A Cavalry Black: From Foal to Retirement by Juliet Blaxland. I have always been fascinated with the Queen's (now King's) Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment. This book gives the reader an absorbing insight into the world of the Household Cavalry horse. 
 
GM: Tell us about Little Meadow Farm...
JA: Little Meadow Farm has been in my family for almost 100 years. It was once a working farm, but now it is an animal sanctuary. All types of animals come to our farm to live out the remainder of their lives being loved and cared for. Follow on Facebook and visit with my goats, horses, cows, and the real Bandit!
 
GM: What's for lunch?
JA: pizza...always pizza! 
 
Connect with J.A….


No comments:

The Kentucky Mountain Horse, Breeze is Turning 2 Years Old!

  NC Matheny is thrilled to announce the launch of his brand-new TikTok channel, featuring none other than his cherished stallion, Breeze!  ...