Sunday, June 4, 2023

First Love: A Pony Story by Kathy S. Elasky


 
First Love
A Pony Story by Kathy S. Elasky

I fell in love for the first time when I was only five years old. When the heartthrob looked at me with his enchanting blue eyes, it was as if he thought I was the most important person in the whole world. He always had time to listen to me. He was my best friend and my confidante. 

His name was Skyrocket. That may seem like a weird name for a boy. He wasn’t a boy. He was a pony. He was the pony my family got when I was in kindergarten. Skyrocket was a gorgeous brown and white paint whose head was about the same height as mine. We always saw eye to eye.

Skyrocket became the one I went to when it felt like the whole world was against me. He always had time for me. He listened without judging and made me feel like he really understood how I felt. He was always a source of comfort and love.

When our parents bought Skyrocket, they wanted my sister and me to feel like he was really our pony. For that reason, they had each of us take half of our life savings out of the bank to help pay for him. It was the best $1.50 I ever spent.

***

From Ohio USA, Kathy S. Elasky is the author of the Pudgy Possum children’s literature book series. Follow Kathy on social media and at www.elasky.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pudgy.possum

SKYROCKET


No comments:

2024 Hocking Hills Book Fairs: Call For Authors

  See the Author Directories, announcements, and more on Facebook @ Hocking Hills Book Fair Authors can register by sending an email to mond...