Monday, April 29, 2013

Gaby Lucas, World Equestrian






From Chelmsford, United Kingdom, Gaby Lucas has been riding since she could walk. She is an international equestrian currently in the World Class Dressage Development Programme, vying for a spot in the Olympics and the WEG (World Equestrian Games).

Welcome Gaby!



How long have you been riding?

I have been riding since I was 18 months old. 

What is your riding discipline?

I ride dressage for Great Brittan internationally at pony level and junior level and I have been in 2 European teams. I used to event and do Showjumping as well.

Tell me about Topstar...

Topstar is a 14 year old, 14.2hh Westphalian Palomino Gelding. I brought him at prelim level and managed to achieve Internationals and Europeans 2011.

Do you ride everyday?

Yes I ride 5 horses everyday minimum, more if I have clients horses to ride;  and I also teach dressage and attend Writtle Equine College. 

Have you participated in a lot of events?

Yes, I have won numerous regional titles, premier leagues, high profile shows and local shows from prelim- advanced medium; from the age of 10- now. I always place at international competitions. 

Where is your favorite arena?

My favorite arena is Rosendaal in Holland. 

What are your future goals as an equestrian?

My future goals is to continue competing at internationals and Europeans, then Olympia horse show, then WEG (World Equestrian Games), then the Olympics. 

Do you have advice for novice riders?

Yes, I teach a few novice riders that are now very confident successful riders.

What does horsemanship mean to you?

Horsemanship is knowing your horse inside out.

Follow Gaby…







No comments:

Milliron Monday: Letters Home Oct 10 1960

          Abbott "Pete" Smith D.V.M.:   June 16, 1938 - February 22, 2010 Virginia Joyann "Jody" Haley Smith: April 2, 1...