Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Ohio Author Kathy S. Elasky: Pudgy Possum Young Reader Series


 
Meet Ohio Author, Kathy S. Elasky
 
Ohio children’s literature author, Kathy S. Elasky, recently released a new book in her Pudgy Possum series, Pudgy Possum in a Pickle: Peppermint to the Rescue. The fourth book in the series, Kathy illustrates Pudgy through a storyline that engages young readers. How does Pudgy get in a pickle? Well, I guess you’ll have to read the book to find out. I caught up with Kathy and asked about her new book, writing, and much more…
 
Welcome, Kathy!
 
GM: What’s the premise for your new book?
KE: Pudgy makes a poor choice and has to rely on friends to get him out of the pickle he finds himself in because of it. 
 
GM: What would you like readers to take away from your book?
KE: I would like my readers to realize that we all make mistakes and that it’s good to have friends who will be there for us. 
 
GM: Will you be taking Pudgy on future adventures? What can we expect?
KE:  In my next book, it’s Pudgy’s turn to be the helper when he finds some abandoned kittens. 
 
GM: Besides writing, what do you like to do for fun?
KE:  Besides writing I Iove painting the pictures for my books. I actually enjoy crafts of any kind. I love spending time with my family. And I love going to movies, especially with my granddaughters. 
 
GM: Do you have advice for novice writers?
KE:  My advice for novice writers is to write about what you love for someone you love even if no one ever reads it. But if you really want to be published, just keep trying. 
 
GM: Who is your favorite author?
KE: My favorite author is Laura Ingalls Wilder. I feel like I settled out west by reading her books. And like me, she didn’t get published until she was 65. It gave me hope to keep at it. 

GM: What are you currently reading?
KE:  I am currently reading a book of Irish short stories. It’s almost as good as going to Ireland… almost!
 
GM: Tell us about life as an award-winning author…
KE:  I still can hardly believe I am really an author! Even after four books and several awards it seems like a dream. Follow your dreams. They can come true!
 
GM: What’s for lunch?
KE: As for lunch, I had a tomato sandwich and Fritos. 
 
Connect with Kathy S. Elasky…
Pudgy Possum Barnes & Noble
Pudgy Possum Amazon
Follow on Facebook & Instagram @ Pudgy Possum







No comments:

Milliron Monday: The Journals January - March 1971

Abbott "Pete" Smith D.V.M.:   June 16, 1938 - February 22, 2010 Virginia Joyann "Jody" Haley Smith: April 2, 1938 - May ...