Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Stuff & Nonsense: Introducing Celeste Parsons, Ohio Writer

Greetings from southeastern Ohio! My name is Celeste Parsons, and I live here on a 48-acre former dairy farm with my husband Jim, our Westie dog Spook, and assorted songbirds and other wildlife. Blessed with too many interests for my own good, I have a hard time finding time for all the gardening, fabric arts, reading, writing, and puzzling that I love to do.

One thing that my husband and I have enjoyed doing together since we were married 58 years ago is riding bicycles. We have used them to commute to work, run errands, and simply for the pleasure of exploring our neighborhoods, and since completing a trans-America tour in 2001 we have taken an extended bicycle trip (between 300 and 1200 miles) every year. As we travel, we send daily reports via email to a number of people, and several of them have asked why we didn't write a book. Now, Two on Two Wheels will be published this year.

More about other writing topics another time, but right now the weeds in the flower bed are calling.

 
Across the meadow
Photo by Celeste Parsons


Celeste Parsons lives in a log house built on a former dairy farm with her husband Jim, her Westie dog, Spook, and a revolving population of deer, turkeys, chipmunks, hummingbirds, and other wildlife. She has written poems, plays, technical documentation, and newspaper articles since childhood, and is the editor of Nelsonville from A to Z. Her first children's book, Wait Until I Grow Up!, was released in 2021.



 

No comments:

This Week @ Monday Creek: Summer Arrived

  Zubie showing off her CowBiter Mohair Handmade Breastcollar Follow on Facebook @ cowbiter_cinches Summer has arrived with flamboyant tempe...