Sunday, August 10, 2014

Dee Munna, World Lion Day

In celebration of World Lion Day, August 10, 2014, I had the great opportunity to interview photographer Dee Munna.

Using his Nikon D7000, Dee Munna captures incredible images of Asiatic lions at night. Highly protected and considered endangered, the Lions of Gir Forest welcome Dee Munna into their sanctuary.

Residing in India in the Village of Sasan Gir, also known as the Village of the Lions, Dee photographs without a zoom lens; he enjoys the adventure of being close to the lions. He honors and respects their habitat, and the fact that they are extremely dangerous. The exotic cats are protected by the Indian government and The Lions of Gir Foundation.

Dee’s photographs are too close for comfort for me; he is courageous, confident, and unafraid. For me, seeing lions at the Columbus Zoo is close enough. I am in total awe of anyone who is brave enough to go into the lion's den. Dee gives a short interview about his photography and shares a couple of his photographs.
Welcome Dee!
How do you capture lions up close?

I search for lions in the revenue area and I find those that stay there for hours. With the help of my professional camera I try to capture nice clicks.

Are you afraid of the lions?

Photography is my passion, although I have small lens I take photos with this much clarity, because I know lion’s behavior and go as near as possible without any fear. I am not selling photos which I have taken.

For more information visit...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Asiatic-Lion/231425303562692?fref=photo
http://worldlionday.com/
http://www.lionsofgir.com/the-gir-forest/


https://www.facebook.com/pages/Asiatic-Lion/231425303562692
2014 World Lion Day

Copyrighted DJ MunnA and may not be used in any form;
website or print media without written permission of the Photographer
Copyrighted DJ MunnA and may not be used in any form;
website or print media without written permission of the Photographer

Copyrighted DJ MunnA and may not be used in any form;
website or print media without written permission of the Photographer

 

No comments:

This Week @ Monday Creek: History and Cosmos

  The Ides of March came and went without much ado. Falling on the 15 th of March, it was a significant date in ancient Rome. It gained not...