Sunday, March 3, 2024

This Week @ Monday Creek: Local Honey & Soap

Salt Creek Honey, Millfield, Ohio; A shout-out to the great people 
Hocking Hills Tourism; my AQHA pocketknife (needs sharpened)

March greetings!

Are we happy it's March? Yes! Do we like the wild swings in the temperature? No! Are we ready for daylight savings time? No! But we’re happy it’s March! Yeah!

It is fun to showcase other small businesses in my area. I like trying locally sourced products and sharing them with you. Recently, I stopped by the New Leaf Market on the Public Square in Nelsonville. They carry local wares and my favorite, Salt Creek Honey from Millfield. I purchased a bottle last week and it is already half empty (!). It is so good and highly recommended.

Last year, my friends and I went to the annual Gifts that Give Back (gtgb) annual Vendor’s Market at the Poston Manor and Event Barn. I purchased a box of handmade soaps from Zion Creek Farm. From Thornville, Zion Creek has a luxurious soap for everyone! My box contained the Queen of Hearts (notes of raspberry, blackberry, and fresh strawberries), Lavender Lux, Perfectly Pear, and Citrus Twist. Queen of Hearts is my favorite, it has a very-berry scent. Zion Creek has an Etsy page with all of their delightful handmade items.

Meanwhile at Monday Creek, we are working on several new titles including Bandit Lost in the West by J.A. Hall; Achim’s Pocket by Todd Linder; Pudgy Possum in a Pickle by Kathy S. Elasky; Young Voices from a Small Town edited by Kathy Trace; and a new title by Mark M. Dean (but I can’t tell you the title because it’s top secret for now).

One of my current projects is Garage Band (working title), a fiction-based-on-fact novel about The Truants, a garage band from Jackson, Ohio. The writing went quickly for several months, now I am rewriting and terrified that an important chapter was erased due to an unexpected power outage. I need to find momentum to write the chapter again (ugh). It is the perils of living in a forested area where high winds race through the valley, creating a wind tunnel, killing powerlines.

All is well. Don't forget to move your clocks forward Sunday, March 10.



No comments:

Milliron Monday

  Taking a break this week. Enjoy previous Milliron Monday's Here . Visit the Milliron Facebook Gallery Here. Visit my website @ www.gmc...