Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Life's Little Bumps in the Road - Art & Story by Sandra Russell

Original Art (c) Sandra Russell

Life’s Little Bumps in the Road

by Sandra Russell
As some of you may know I was in a parking lot accident about a month ago. Just a couple of scratches, but due to the age and miles on my car, the insurance company 'totaled' it and bought the car from me. I have a rental for a couple weeks so I can find another vehicle.

A week after my accident I helped a man back out a giant panel truck that was boxed in by other cars at a grocery in town. He was a huge fellow and had no room to open any of his doors to climb in. He begged me to back it out of there for him. He looked flushed in the face sweaty and short of breath. I was so scared to drive such a thing in reverse with no windows, but told him to 'watch my back and get out of the way.' Took less than a minute to do, but I was shaking.

Later two women came up to me to thank me for 'being there.’ I am scared of parking lots now more than ever. So, I'm on the alert; being extra cautious. Life is full of little ironies or mother nature jokes or? Just an hour ago, I parked the car to run into a local grocery store for one thing. As I was walking from the car to the store could scarcely believe my eyes; two cars were backing up fast at the same time and directly behind one another!!! No one was looking except at the sides...I was running and flailing my arms yelling "WOAH! WOAH!". Miraculously each car braked at the same moment and missed one another by less than eight inches. I tell you, the visibility in many cars these days is not good for these sorts of conditions. Be careful out there.




No comments:

Milliron Monday

A final week of vacation, I will return next Monday! Thanks for following! Have a copy of Dr. Smith's biography ? Please write a review!...