Monday, May 10, 2021

Milliron Monday: Well enough 5 10 2021

Abbott "Pete" Smith D.V.M.
June 16, 1938 - February 22, 2010

Welcome to Milliron Monday where every Monday we celebrate the legacy of Pete Smith, D.V.M., and  Milliron: Abbott “Pete” Smith, D.V.M. The Biography
 (Monday Creek Publishing 2017). A graduate of Colorado State University and a well-known veterinarian in southeast Ohio, Dr. Smith continues to motivate and inspire. 

We are in May. May 2021. How did we get here so quickly? Days are long, years swim by. And I think about opportunities, people, and Milliron Monday. I always look to Jody for Milliron Monday inspiration - new stories, poetry, or maybe something she's told me ten times before. I have them all recorded, you know. That's what a good writer does, I guess. Records. Journals. Keeps the record so we don't forget. We all should have someone to do that for us.

Recordings from long car rides, afternoons at the barn, lunch dates, friendly visits, and more, are kept in a safe place. To and fro creates a lot of time for talking, laughing - and stories. Some stories can be shared and saved in the archives. Some can't. Nonetheless, the hours of conversation are enough to fill many Sunday afternoons when I have quiet time and feel the need to hear it again... and again. There is always something new that I missed, or a stirred emotion that drives inspiration; intangible, intellectual property that is mutually shared. Posterity, I call it, to honor those who loved life and tried to live their life's purpose and fulfill their destiny. We can learn a lot from their stories.

Sometimes I wonder if I ask too many questions. But, you have to know what you don't know if you want to keep the record. 

First, I always ask, "Jody, how are you today?" and she always replies, "Well enough." And that shall be my reply henceforth if you ask me how I am today. Well enough. 



Through captivating, powerful, and emotional anecdotes, we celebrate the life of Dr. Abbott P. Smith. His biography takes the reader from smiles to laughter to empathy and tears. Dr. Smith gave us compelling lessons learned from animals; the role animals play in the human condition, the joy of loving an animal, and the awe of their spirituality. A tender and profound look into the life of a skilled veterinarian.


  

No comments:

Milliron Monday

  Taking a break this week. Enjoy previous Milliron Monday's Here . Visit the Milliron Facebook Gallery Here. Visit my website @ www.gmc...