Friday, January 18, 2013

Beth Trissel, Author

Welcome Beth!

From the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, USA, Beth is a award-winning romance and historical author.

Married to her high school sweetheart, Beth lives on a farm surrounded by her children, grandbabies, and assorted animals. An avid gardener, her love of herbs and heirloom plants figures into her work. Fascination with the past and those who have gone before us is the driving force behind her writing…

When did you know that you wanted to become a writer?
Since I could hold a crayon. But I didn’t seriously pursue writing until later in adulthood.

What is your genre, age group/audience?

I write historical/paranormal romance and nonfiction. My audience is mostly female, but men have also written me fan letters.

Tell me about your book(s)....
The rich history of Virginia, the Native Americans and the people who journeyed here from far beyond her borders are at the heart of my inspiration. In addition to American settings, I also write historical and time travel romances set in the British Isles, and nonfiction about gardening, herbal lore, and country life.

Where do you like to write?
On the couch with my laptop and tiny (bratty) pom-poo, Sadie Sue and noble Tabby, Percy. Other kitties perch above or around me, and the larger dogs bark in the background. So it’s not always peaceful. Sometimes I retreat to my bedroom. I also listen to music as I write, prefer stirring film soundtracks.

How do you maintain characters and ideas?

I’ve gained much inspiration from all the research I’ve done into family genealogy—I’ve uncovered lots of fascinating stuff—plus historical research in general.  And dreams. Many of my stories were prompted by dreams.

What is your future goal as a writer?

To hit the NYT bestseller list, of course. Many of my books are published by the Wild Rose Press. I am also getting into Indie publishing.

Are you a night-writer, or do you write all day?

I write whenever I can direct the voices in my head.

In your opinion, what makes a good writer?

A combination of innate talent, honing the craft, and having a story to share.

Do you have a favorite author?  

My favorite author has always been C.S. Lewis and his Chronicles of Narnia—of immense inspiration in my childhood and my life. I’m still looking for Narnia.

What advice do you have for novice writers?

Write from your heart. To that I add, because you’re going to be revising and editing that story for a very, very long time. I encourage new writers to continue to better themselves, and don’t give up.

Follow Beth
2008 Golden Heart® Finalist
2008 Winner Preditor's & Editor's Readers Poll

Publisher’s Weekly BHB Reader’s Choice Best Books of 2009 
2010 Best Romance Novel List at Buzzle
Book of the Week Five Times At LASR

6 comments:

Beth Trissel said...

Thanks for the lovely interview, Gina.

Anonymous said...

This eassy competition will be a great chance for those new writers and they are really into the eassy writings and so. http://www.rephrasingtool.org/why-us/ that is very helpful for the academic papers writing.

roy said...

There has people who love to write about self biography or very sort of biography about people where some of them are really legit pieces. http://www.rewordessay.com/how-we-provide-you-with-essay-rewording/ that helps me a lot on my academic papers writing.

Anonymous said...

The imo olympiad is really an important function where indian school students should have been there as it could let you have the possibilities about future. http://www.rewordinggenerator.biz/reword-sentence-generator/ is the best one place to know about the quality writing rules.

Lucy T. Patterson said...

beth tissel is really a great person and if you look at more info,then visit here. Those people know about this man ,they love her and those who does not know they should look at more info

linda said...

Do you have proper ideas about beth trissel ,then you should check here first. You need to have some ideas here
for the wavier letter service from them.

This Week @ Monday Creek: History and Cosmos

  The Ides of March came and went without much ado. Falling on the 15 th of March, it was a significant date in ancient Rome. It gained not...