Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Doreen Austen Haggard, Equine Author



Welcome Doreen!

From Spain, Doreen is an equestrian an author! 
Her new book release, The Arabian Horse, is in bookstores now!

When did you fall in love with horses
I was about five years old when I first fell in love with horses, I can remember like it was yesterday when my parents booked my first riding lesson after that day I couldn't get enough.

Do you have a favorite breed of horse?
I would say I have spent a lot of time with the Andalusian so this would have to be my favorite then the Arabian would be my second choice.

Do you currently have horses? 
I currently don’t own any horses anymore, I ride for clients now.

When did you begin writing?
My first book was about birds The Bourke Parakeet in 1997 published by TFH, due to my love of birds as well as horses. The idea of this book started when I purchased this bird and couldn't find any books on them, so I studied them and thought it was about time there was a book available to the world. I think it [writing] is in my blood, as my grandfather William Albert Austen is a descendant of Jane Austen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A direction is a man's improvement from dimness to light. It enhances the mind, homepage overhauls the capacities and extends kind limits with the objective that every individual breeze up sensate to the necessities of himself and also others.

Anonymous said...

It has been shown that a fair propelled training help a man with living a more broadened more invaluable life. It read more be a direct result of better working conditions and better lifestyle that go with a guideline.

Anonymous said...

These things are comprehensively all-encompassing in the overall population, where people are next to no pulled in towards guideline of both young fellows and this website the young women and they would lean toward not to let them educated.

yashlittle said...

Your love for horses is incredible. and you wrote the book on horses. Rewriting is the way to write again and eradicate all mistakes and make it more improve and readable. So, click here and enjoy it

This Week @ Monday Creek: History and Cosmos

  The Ides of March came and went without much ado. Falling on the 15 th of March, it was a significant date in ancient Rome. It gained not...