Saturday, December 7, 2013

Chaps or no chaps...

With several new books being released in 2014, it’s time for a new publicity shoot. In participation of the shoot, I am contemplating what to wear. The perfect publicity photo requires thought, the right photographer, and, in my case, a groomed horse.


So, with the anticipated shoot months away, I’ve plenty of time to decide what outfit, or outfits, to wear. First there’s the choice of colors. I think I look good in red, so I might lean toward red (again). However, my sense of style has changed since my first publicity shoot and I think I might go for a little glam. No, I am not lying across the back of my horse half dressed! Thinking more along the lines of a studded rhinestone belt, a choker, and maybe a glam-banded hat!

With my locks longer, braids may be the route to go, especially if I have a new hat. Chaps may look nice, but do I wear the brown chaps or the blue chaps? Decisions, decisions. One thing is for certain, though, the braces that have been on my teeth for over a year now, must be off (!). 

Then there’s the decision about tack for my horse. Do I use the banded bridle with the ring snaffle? Or the less flashy one-eared bridle I used the last time? Or how about the silver show bridle? Breast collar? Which saddle blanket? I don’t know. I don’t what to be too pretentious. I think I may need a fashion consultant for this one. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Maybe I am over thinking this shoot. Maybe I need to wear a t-shirt, jeans, and a smile and forget about it. After all, pics don’t sell books, right? Good writing sells books. Right…. 


No comments:

This Week @ Monday Creek: History and Cosmos

  The Ides of March came and went without much ado. Falling on the 15 th of March, it was a significant date in ancient Rome. It gained not...