Monday, March 25, 2019

Milliron Monday: Christy 3 25 19

Abbott "Pete" Smith, D.V.M.
June 16, 1938 - February 22, 2010

Welcome to Milliron Monday where every Monday we celebrate the legacy of Pete Smith, D.V.M., and  Milliron: Abbott “Pete” Smith, D.V.M. The Biography (Monday Creek Publishing 2017). A graduate of Colorado State University and a well-known veterinarian in southeast, Ohio, Dr. Smith continues to motivate and inspire. 

Christy McDonald worked for Dr. Smith as one of Milliron Clinic's first receptionists. She was there in the beginning, helping the semi-seasoned veterinarian in his new clinic. Christy, beloved by all, illustrated God Speed the Plow for Dr. Smith. Christy's art still hangs in the Smith home, a testimony to a life well lived, friendship, and perseverance...


Let the wealthy and great
Roll in splendor and state

I envy them not, I declare it
I eat my own lamb, my own chickens and ham
I shear my own fleece and I wear it
I have lawns, I have bowers
I have fruits, I have flowers
The lark is my morning alarm
So jolly boys now
Here's God speed the plow
Long life and success to the farmer

Interviewing Christy for Dr. Smith's biography, she was enthusiastic to reconnect with former co-workers and the Smith family. On March 23, 2015, Christy unexpectedly passed away. We remember Christy, her love for life, and her contribution to the Milliron legacy. 

Read more about Christy and her interview in Milliron the biography.

Through captivating, powerful, and emotional anecdotes, we celebrate the life of Dr. Abbott P. Smith. His biography takes the reader from smiles to laughter to empathy and tears. Dr. Smith gave us compelling lessons learned from animals; the role animals play in the human condition, the joy of loving an animal, and the awe of their spirituality. A tender and profound look into the life of a skilled veterinarian.

No comments:

Milliron Monday: Letters Home Oct 10 1960

          Abbott "Pete" Smith D.V.M.:   June 16, 1938 - February 22, 2010 Virginia Joyann "Jody" Haley Smith: April 2, 1...