Thursday, October 8, 2026

This Week @ Monday Creek: We sponsored a feline @ Hocking County Humane Society

 

Amber at the Hocking County Humane Society

October has arrived, bringing cooler days and the urge to tackle long-overdue projects. While cleaning out closets recently, I discovered a basket full of old towels and rugs that were no longer needed. Rather than throw them away, I knew they could serve a better purpose at a local animal shelter. With two bags in hand, I headed to the Hocking County Humane Society, where I was warmly welcomed by Amber.

Inside, volunteers were hard at work cleaning, organizing, and caring for the shelter's residents. Amber graciously gave me a tour of the facility, introducing me to kittens, cats, and dogs. The shelter was spotless, and it took every bit of self-control not to stop and cuddle every animal I met. The staff members were friendly, knowledgeable, and clearly dedicated to matching each pet with the right forever home.

Curious about how so many animals arrive at the shelter, I asked Amber about their stories. Some are rescued from hoarding situations. Others arrive as strays while staff work to reconnect them with their owners. Still others are surrendered by families facing difficult circumstances, whether financial hardship or other challenges that make pet ownership impossible.

Among the cats, I met Thistle, an affectionate feline who would make a wonderful companion. I also spent time with Taffy, a three-year-old cat who has spent her entire life at the shelter. Taffy seemed content and relaxed, although one can't help but hope she soon finds a home of her own. Outside in the dog kennels, I met Reed, a sturdy black-and-white dog with plenty of personality, and Brock, who eagerly awaits the day his new owner walks through the door.

If you've been considering adoption, now may be the perfect time. Monday Creek Publishing has sponsored the adoption fee for one kitten or cat at the Hocking County Humane Society. Simply visit the shelter at 36960 Hocking Drive in Logan, Ohio, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., and let them know we sent you. The sponsorship was arranged on October 7, 2026, and Amber can assist with the process if needed.

In addition to dogs and cats, the Humane Society also cares for a variety of parakeets looking for new homes.

To learn more, follow the Hocking County Humane Society on Facebook and browse their adoptable pets on Petfinder. Most animals have been spayed or neutered, are current on vaccinations, and are ready to begin the next chapter of their lives with a loving family.

And if you're already a pet owner, don't forget to purchase your dog license. Not only is it required by law, but a portion of every license fee helps support your local Humane Society and the important work they do for animals in need.




Reed and Brock awaiting adoption







No comments:

This Week @ Monday Creek: We sponsored a feline @ Hocking County Humane Society

  Amber at the Hocking County Humane Society October has arrived, bringing cooler days and the urge to tackle long-overdue projects. While c...

Monday Creek Publishing LLC

Subscribe

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp