Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Nicole Drumheller Gargus, Author


Welcome author Nicole Drumheller Gargus! Nicole is a freelance writer and the author of Shane’s Mane, a children’s book based upon Nicole’s first horse, her Grandpa, and her love for horses.

Nicole’s passions include writing, travel, horses, dance, swimming, Tudor history, Jerusalem, and character costumes.

Where in the world are you?
I currently live in Canton, Massachusetts, USA; however I'm from rural Pennsylvania originally.
 
Who is Shane?
Shane is a foundation Quarter Horse - he is a flea bitten gray. When he was younger he barrel raced and also competed in English dressage and jumping. We currently enjoy trail rides and give equine therapy at nursing homes and veteran centers.

Tell me more about your riding/horse history....
My Grandpa was a jockey when he was young and later he was into western sports. He was my first riding instructor - I was riding solo by age four! I have studied English and Western disciplines with various instructors over the years. I enjoy both; however western pleasure and trail riding are my favorites.

What are you currently writing?
I write for two papers - The Canton Journal in Massachusetts and Montgomery Media's Ticket in Pennsylvania.

Where do you like to write?
Usually on a desktop computer in our quiet guest room. My habits are simple - a cup of tea and a quiet space.

Do you travel a lot to promote your books?
I love to travel! For book promotions I mostly traveled around Pennsylvania and to Ireland!

What is 'Voices from the Wall'?
Voices From The Wall is an anthology about the shared experiences of people visiting the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington DC. My first piece Regarding Sean, which is about a veteran visiting the Wall, was published in that book.

What other books have you written?
No others yet. Mostly I currently write articles and short pieces.

Game of Thrones is one of my favorite series, I know it is one of yours, too! Who is your favorite character? Why?
Khaleesi! I relate to her suffering. I'm deeply inspired by her strong spirit, tenacious will, and secret kind heart.

Who are your inspirations?
Quite a few writers inspire me! Including Alice Walker, Phillipa Gregory, Jhumpa Lahiri, John Steinbeck, Marion Zimmer Bradley, and Alison Weir. I also love the classics - Dante and Homer.

Connect with Nicole….



Nicole in character costume as


5 comments:

Ghabbar said...

To write with the true manner is not an easy thing. You need the special attention for this purpose. Just find the new area of the International blog and find this chapter of the learning in such sites which can be more good for learning purpose.

Icc said...

The main problem now is the quite place because you have to be very specific and to the point to make your points so need a quite place for the best ideas to give them your own words.

Tinming said...

Most of the times, the doctors are seen to say that we must have horse riding because ths creates a positive sign on our minds and https://www.paraphrasingservice.info/plagiarism-statistics/ in this case can be a help as well if you do not have horse writing.

Cjkdv said...

With this link of the nicole drumheller you can find more poems and the other links here in this field. Find the link more great with http://corporate.biowritingservices.com/ and enjoy the new area of the author in this platform with this magazine.

Cheena said...

When it comes to hrses, there are a lot of other good points that we can make in our lives and share those with our through check more info so they can read what we think about horses.

Milliron Monday

  Taking a break this week. Enjoy previous Milliron Monday's Here . Visit the Milliron Facebook Gallery Here. Visit my website @ www.gmc...