Sunday, June 16, 2013

Barbara Morgenroth, Equine Author

Barbara Morgenroth is an internationally acclaimed author of fiction and non-fiction. Formerly from New York City, she now lives somewhere else. Barbara envisioned a career as a globe-hopping photojournalist, but after college she determined her hop muscles weren't global strength so turned to writing. No life experience is safe from her keyboard and Barbara has proven that being a magnet for story material may be over stimulating to live through, but it's all ultimately research….

Welcome Barbara!

You love horses. Describe your past/present horses…

Since I had a stable where I taught riding, I’ve had quite a number of horses in my life. I had a terrific Pony of the Americas. Those were great experiences and I loved the kids who wanted to be around horses.

I like warmbloods. I had an Anglo-Trakenher, and a Dutch Warmblood. While I have had a couple Thoroughbreds, that’s not quite as good a match for me. I love ponies and had a gray Welsh pony named Gwen. She was adorable.

What books have you written?

I started my career in traditional publishing writing books about horses and riding, did some YA (Young Adult), then I worked in television for a while, then I returned to books and did adult and nonfiction. Then I switched to digital. It’s been a wonderful learning experience.

EBooks by Barbara Morgenroth


YOUNG ADULT:
Bad Apple 1
Bad Apple 2: Burning Daylight
Bad Apple 3: Rise
Bad Apple 4: Certain
Flash
Flash of Light
Bittersweet Farm 1: Mounted
Bittersweet Farm 2: Joyful Spirit
Caprice's Totally Screwed Up Wish
Unheard
Just Kate
Pass or Fail
Blue Raja
 
ADULT:
In Under My Head
Almost Breathing
Not Low Maintenance
Unspeakably Desirable
Fly Away With Me
Nothing Serious
Murder Is Exhausting

MIDDLE READER:
Dream Horse
Summer Horse

EVERYONE:
Jingles All The Way

NONFICTION:
The Ice Cream Parlor--History & Recipes
Verrines: Sweet & Savory Parfaits Made Easy

Where is your favorite place to write?

My favorite place hasn’t been found yet. I just have an office like most people.

What are you currently writing?

Bittersweet Farm 3: Wingspread is my current YA project. It focuses on two sisters, Talia Margolin and Greer Swope, at the family farm and their riding coach, Lockie Malone.

I wonder if you have a dog....

I have had Bullmastiffs for quite a few years now. They’re very easy to live with disposition-wise even if they are so big they block the hallway resulting in massive traffic jams. I have 2 Bullmastiffs now so it’s nearly impossible to get through the house.

Where have you traveled in the world?

I’ve been to England and Ireland. The countryside in both is spectacular. Ireland especially, with the rolling green pastures. You can’t help but think how perfect they are for horses.

Where is your favorite place to be?

Santa Barbara California has a nearly perfect climate—if it rained throughout the year it would be perfect—and is gorgeous. There are ranches and horses, mountains, oceans and incredible vistas. I haven’t been to Southern France but I imagine they are similar.

What is your best advice for aspiring writers?

Read a lot including the classics, read a couple books on screenwriting, live life and put some thought into your work.

List ten things about yourself that no one else knows....

No one? I’m not likely to tell any secrets on the internet.

I quite like fountain pens although the ink cartridges dry up before I use them.

I think I can get through the rest of my life without eating fish.

I love glass. I know it’s everywhere but art glass can be beautiful.

I love silent movies and am very glad Turner Classic Movies runs them once in a while. If they would air them when I am not writing it would be even better.

Flip-flops on men. Not a good style choice.

I love amusement parks. What a great idea.

I love old advertising posters. 

I didn’t know I could love bluegrass music until I heard Sarah Jarosz.

I don’t like a corded mouse.

I love my Nikon camera but I think everyone who knows me knows that.


Follow Barbara…





5 comments:

stoya riley said...

They're anything but difficult to live with mien savvy regardless of whether they are so huge they obstruct the passage bringing about huge roads turned parking lots. I have 2 Bull mastiffs currently so it's about difficult to traverse the house. Infect, A site www.colonchecker.com/which-semicolon-checker-to-use also contained valuable stuff which we should read and follow.

mikon said...

When you have love for humanity so you have love for the animals and your passions can be seen by your love to http://www.correctthesentence.com/punctuation-correction-doesnt-have-to-be-hard-read-these-5-tips/ and I hope you will also write about the conditions as well.

stoya riley said...

I think if it rained during the time it would be immaculate—and is exquisite. There are farms and steeds, mountains, seas, and mind-boggling vistas. I haven't been to Southern France yet I envision they are comparable. I actually try to explore more about the topics which posted here.

martin said...

This interview is perfect for the readers and i love to read such new ideas that you have explained. The https://www.paraphrasingservice.org/order-paraphrasing-services-oman/ is all about giving me ebst chance of learning.

JanetPrince said...

I also love this novel just because of it's script. Everything is just perfect here www.scriptwriting.biz/our-script-writing-services/tv-script-writing-service/ and i am looking to read more new novels and fiction stories

Award-Winning Historical Fiction Author, T.W. Harvey: A letter by my Great-Great Uncle sent home after the Battle of Shiloh, April 12 1862

  From Award-Winning Historical Fiction Author,  T.W. Harvey : A letter by my Great-Great Uncle sent home after the Battle of Shiloh Addre...