Friday, July 25, 2014

Ruthie Lee Willis, Author and Poet


 
From Tennessee, USA, Ruthie Lee Willis is an author, creating prose and poetry from her heart.  Flowing with a wealth of emotion, Ruthie’s poetry is inspired by her rich experiences. Her poetry speaks of the pain of losing her only child, of failed relationships, of love, and of faith.   
Ruthie affirms, “When life seems to turn its back on you, don’t blame yourself. Look at the bright side and look at it through a different perspective. Confront your fears and your problems. Do the best that you can do. When you think there isn’t any more you can do, just strive on and live—you will make it.”
Welcome Ruthie!

What drives your inspiration to write?

I am driven to write when I'm in a deep thought, and my heart makes me want to write. For example I can be watching T.V., and I can be driven to write. Like if there's something about the movie, that strikes my soul. Once or twice I was having a conversation over the phone with someone, I wrote a poem (Prose). Never Alone and love letters. Or I can be going through something, then I have urge to write.
Does writing help you to understand life events?
Writing doesn't help me understand life events. Writing helps me deal with life events. It's a method to clear my head. Otherwise it helps me cope, it’s my way to get things off my chest.
How would you define our purpose on earth?
Our purpose on earth is to fulfill our gift or gifts that God has given us. He only knows how long that journey will take.
Do you believe in life after death?
That’s a hard question to answer. There has been so much research done on life after death. I really don't know exactly. What I do know lately, the paranormal has been capitalized on. The way they interpret it, it's kind of spooky. If there was such thing, as life after death, I sure would love to see my son. I personal don't capitalize on life after death. Everyone is dying to live, and living to die. I just try to live life to the fullest.
Where do you like to write?
There isn't a particular place that I can say I like to write. I can write just about anywhere. It seems like I write a lot when I'm alone. Which is often lately, so writing eases my soul.

How do you maintain thoughts and ideas?  
If I get an urge to write, I'll grab my iPhone, and go to the notes, and I start to write. Sometimes I may get an idea, such as a couple of words. I'll write them down, and go back to them later. Majority of the time, I just start writing non-stop. I guess you can say I free write. It's like it's insane when I write, I just start putting it down. It's out of my control. But at the end of the day it all makes sense when I'm finished. I use my iPhone to hold my thoughts. I wrote a book in 1 day 1/2 on my iPhone.
What are you currently writing?
Currently I am writing poems and proses to add to my manuscripts. Which are called Heart Songs from the Soul and Message from Above.
I have a completed manuscript; it's called The Magical Garden, which I wrote in 1-1/2 days on my iPhone. The title came from a little girl. I asked her to give me a title and I would write a book, using the title. That's was what she wanted. Actually, I had no idea how to start. I put the title down. Then, later on I created the substance, from the title.
What are you currently reading?
I am reading Mocking Jay, by Suzanne Collins, which I have almost completed. I recently purchased a book, Ask and it is Given- Learning to Manifest your Desires, by Esther and Jerry Hicks; and I am reading The Teachings of Abraham.
Do you have a favorite poem of your own?
Yes, I have a favorite poem of my own…
Expression
By Ruthie Lee Willis
 
Poetry is a mere expression,
a deep-ness
from the
soul.
To pronounce
a feeling,
or maybe
a thought.
Which may
seem to
promote
sadness.
But not!!
Just a way
to survive.
Life is
what it is.
We must
live and
keep living,
no matter
what.
Define
the words,
positively.
The
expressions
are things
of life.
To those
who read,
you can
make it.
The strength
is divine.
The things
have been
put down.
And now
it's done.
In hoping
It have
shown.
The words
can be
turned into
someone's
delight.
The lines
shows,
the fight
that is
proclaimed.


I wrote this poem which could be interpreted as if I was totally depressed. But not… it’s just expression.  Just to clear my mind of a thought or a situation.
Who is your favorite poet/author?
My favorite author/poet is Maya Angelou. My favorite poem by her is…
I know Why the Cage Bird Sings
by Maya Angelou

The free bird leaps
on the back of the wind
and floats downstream
till the current ends
and dips his wings
in the orange sun rays
and dares to claim the sky.

But a bird that stalks
down his narrow cage
can seldom see through
his bars of rage
his wings are clipped and
his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing.

The caged bird sings
with fearful trill
of the things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom

The free bird thinks of another breeze
and the trade winds soft through the sighing trees
and the fat worms waiting on a dawn-bright lawn
and he names the sky his own.

But a caged bird stands on the grave of dreams
his shadow shouts on a nightmare scream
his wings are clipped and his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing

The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom.
List 10 things that your fans may not know about you…
I lost my only child through gang violence. Thereafter, I journaled for many years. A friend said I should write a book. I was too shy to do so. Due to I was afraid of what people would think about me. My journal was my ripe thoughts. I thought about it, I went ahead and wrote a book. Thinking I could help people by reading my book. Knowing that, they can make it through those mountains and valleys.  My Life in Times and I Made It (2008). The book is written in poems and prose telling my story. I also wrote a book Poems and Prose from the Heart (2009). I have had book signings, and continue to schedule book signing events.
I was a victim of domestic violence.
I graduated from college in 2013. I made honors of Cum Laude. My degree is in Accounting.
During the time I was in college, I injured my back. I never sought medical attention. Now I am disabled due to my injury. Unfortunately I am unable to pursue my career.
I am an aspiring author/poet pursuing my passion. ("As said, one door closes another one opens"). I'm not well known yet.
I'm a hopeless romantic who has given up on love. But I write about, how I dream it should be.
I want to find out a way to help the homeless.
I volunteered at the United Way, after putting in my 90 hours for my internship for college and received a plaque Volunteer of the Year 2012-2013.
I was a correctional officer for ten years.
I love to inspire people. I love to see them smile, because I made a difference...

6 comments:

mile said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ralph C. Kiefer said...

This could be the way to handle the suspense and how it would be inspirational. Thanks a lot for such kind of helpful writing. visit website as it gives you that chance to know about the academic writing ideas with the quality.

Ava Lou said...

Thanks for writing this wonderful article. Glad you found it interesting and knowledgeable for me. it is really important to try this website to do your hospitality for the international student as they are here like they used to be a guest of us to earn more.

Taymour said...

I just love your blog whatever you've write here. If you look into those steps then you will know about it really better as you think. find more info they will tell you about the service on your own essay writing.

Keth said...

You can see all the big writers are in sorrow in the deep of their hearts as they have lost some one very important in their lives and when this comes from the very deep of their heart, it has emotions and inspirations for the readers to discover more about their lives and read what they have to tell the world and what is secret there.

mikon said...

I am a great admirer of the young writers because they come to know about www.verbchecker.com/enjoy-our-professional-subject-and-verb-checker that how important is their profession and how that is helping the others to overcome the problems they are facing during their studies.

Milliron Monday: Letters Home Oct 10 1960

          Abbott "Pete" Smith D.V.M.:   June 16, 1938 - February 22, 2010 Virginia Joyann "Jody" Haley Smith: April 2, 1...