Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Angela Wills, Author


From Bristol, Tennessee, USA, welcome Author Angela Wills. Wills' book My Little Piece of Sunshine is the non-fiction account of the tragic loss of her daughter, Bryanna. Wills relives the story of how four-month-old Bryanna was neglected to the point of death. She will be the first one to tell you that she could not have survived this tragic situation without God. Wills donates 50% of the proceeds from each book to child abuse prevention in memory of Bryanna.

Wills is a registered nurse and aspiring author and poet. In her spare time, she enjoys needlework, her dogs, and her son, Jacob…

How have you coped with your loss?
It has been a long journey coping with the loss of Bryanna especially in light of the way that she died.  Some of the things that I did to cope immediately after her death and my ex-husband's arrest were walking outside daily, spending time with my dogs, prayer, and support from my loving family.  I could not have survived this without God and the love and support of my family.  When I say family, I am also including some wonderful close friends that have supported me throughout the years that I basically consider to be my family too.  Another thing that really helped me was that I did have another child after her death and he is wonderful.  His birth restored to me a reason to live throughout the years.  Nowadays, I still use prayer, a relationship with God and my family to help when I have hard times dealing with her loss as well as other things that occur in my life that are stressful.  I no longer have the dogs that comforted me after Bryanna's death.  They have long passed over the rainbow bridge, but I have two dogs now and they are great for stress relief.  I love my Puddy and Sally.  

Where are you now in your journey for justice?
I don't know if you can ever say or feel that you have achieved justice with a loss such as murder.  If you have read my book, you will know that I still do not have answers so the journey is really learning to cope without the answers that you need through faith in God; that He knows the reason why things happen and that everything with Him does have a purpose.  My ex-husband was locked away for life, but I am always left to question if that was truly justice after what he did.  I guess a big journey that I struggle with is forgiveness. 

Has writing about your loss helped you in your effort to understand what happened?
I guess it has helped somewhat, but I still do not have the answers from him as to why he did what he did.  However the writing of her story was therapeutic and I wanted to publish it because I know there are people out there who need to know the truth about what happened to Bryanna.  I shied away from the media after my ex-husband's arrest per lawyer's advice, but I always wanted to tell the world what happened to Bryanna.  I feel that sharing her story might save some other child out there that is suffering at the hands of a cunning monster.

Writing this book must have been extremely difficult. How long did it take you to compile the manuscript?
It took me seven years to complete the manuscript.  There were several different reasons for this.  One is that I have a full time job and was a mother which greatly limited my spare time to work on the book.  Another reason was a lot of court delays perpetrated by my ex-husband trying to get out of prison that you will learn about when you read my book.  I had to wait for some of the court stuff to be completed in order to have an ending point for the book.

What are you currently writing?
I am not really writing anything at this time.  I want to write something else but can't decide on a path to take.  I think sometimes that the other book was such an emotional journey for me that it has drained me.  Also time is always a factor.  I still have to work a full time job to support my son and work on promotions for my current book so it does not leave me a lot of spare time for writing, but I think I will eventually start on something.

What are you currently reading?
I am currently doing a 40 day reading of the Gospels.  There is a Bible app that you can put on your phone and it will give you chapters to read every day.  There are a lot of reading plans to do.  I think I will try one of the plans that they have for reading the Bible in chronological order next. 

You are an inspiration to many. What words of wisdom do you have for people who suffer this loss?
Trust in God, and pray.  I would not be here today if it was not for God.  He has taken care of me. I wrote this book for child abuse prevention.  I want people to know Bryanna’s story in the hopes that it will prevent other children from suffering like she did.

Connect with Angela…

3 comments:

Banja said...

There is the new field of the anglea where you can define the new field. You can also maintain the best grade and the section. You can also find the new link of http://www.articlerewriters.org/choose-our-best-article-rewriting-online/ and can translate the new zone here.

Anonymous said...

This is the place wherever you'll get that residency stuff you area unit posing for and type of education papers writing facilitate. important source and this site can give you higher thesis writing service.

Hildegard Flatley said...

AS a writer we need to be a hard worker and should love with our work. In any case, in the wake of understanding check out here movement of improvement in my enlightening exercises I began to utilize web to get all the all the more learning and data.

This Week @ Monday Creek: History and Cosmos

  The Ides of March came and went without much ado. Falling on the 15 th of March, it was a significant date in ancient Rome. It gained not...